Join our team at AccessOne! We Empower Patients to Lead Healthy Lives. We do this by providing hospitals, health systems and employers with the best form of patient financing solutions, the easiest user experiences and the most compassionate, patient-friendly terms possible.
AccessOne is currently looking for a Junior Software Engineer to work within an established development team to provide technical deliverables ranging from front-end UI to application layer logic. If you are comfortable around front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, third-party libraries and you are familiar with Agile methodologies, you might be right for our team. While UX skills are desired, they are not absolutely required for this role as we may outsource UX for major projects. The Junior Software Engineer will be responsible for writing, maintaining and refactoring code pertaining to assigned projects, enhancements and hotfixes (bugs). The ability to understand intended user behavior will be critical to this role. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced environment requiring you to perform effectively both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
Essential Function include:
- Developing new applications
- Maintaining or enhancing existing legacy applications
- Providing technical expertise during requirements gathering stages
- Maintaining third- party libraries and plugins
- Collaborating with development team members
- Collaborating with other departments and stakeholders
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Write technical documentation
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Microsoft .NET – MVC 5
- Understanding of RESTful APIs & OAuth2 protocol
- Basic RDMS skills – SQL, MySQL
- Excellent documentation skills are imperative
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and can adapt in an ever-changing environment
- It is necessary to effectively interpret and anticipate the challenges end users may face and the expertise in how to structure content for the end user perspective
- Strategic multitasking and master of prioritized time-management skills
- Impeccable organization and ability to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- This role, company and industry requires iron clad discretion, and a high regard for ethics and integrity.
- Must be a curious and an effective problem-solver
- Superb communication skills; effective information gathering and a collaborative team player.
- Agile/Scrum Development
- UX Design
- Jira, Confluence
- Visual Studio IDE
- GIT repositories
- .NET Core
- HIPAA and PCI compliance
- Background in healthcare/payment industry or with a tech company is a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.