Join our team at AccessOne! We Empower Patients to Lead Healthy Lives. We do this by providing hospitals, health systems and employers with the best form of patient financing solutions, the easiest user experiences and the most compassionate, patient-friendly terms possible.
AccessOne looking for a Database Architect to join our team who will support our database infrastructure including construction, maintenance, testing and data analysis. They must have strong experience in a variety of data mining/analysis tools and methods, building and implementing models, and experience in simulation and algorithm creation.
Essential duties include the following:
- Responsible for the performance, scalability and security of database architecture
- Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Strong programming capabilities in SQL and other DB technologies– Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Transactions, Data Flow.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Maximize the utilization of data to generate insights and address business needs, application consulting, performance tuning, data organization, security, and statistical methods; including the development and monitoring of standards and procedures affecting models, database management, design and maintenance.
- Use logical data models to create and maintain physical database designs which meet identified business needs and provide adequate safeguards for security and integrity.
- Participate in the physical database design process. Ensures databases provide required functionality to meet identified business needs. Implements databases for testing and production.
- Assist in monitoring capacity and performance for test and production databases to ensure they are reliable, efficient, cost effective, and provide the required functionality.
- Ensure that test and production databases are properly backed up and recovered when necessary. Develop and maintain database backup and recovery procedures. Ensure test and production databases are properly maintained; databases are reorganized/resized when necessary and other DBA utilities run when appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience with large-scale data migration projects
- NoSQL, SQL databases
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016
- Experience with, statistics and algorithms
- Jira, Confluence
- NET Core
- Visual Studio IDE
- GIT repositories
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and can adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Strategic multitasking and master of prioritized time-management skills
- Impeccable organization and ability to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- This role, company and industry requires iron clad discretion, and a high regard for ethics and integrity.
- Must be a curious and an effective problem-solver
- Superb communication skills; effective information gathering and a collaborative team player.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Experience implementing data solutions with Azure is desired
- Strong backend experience.
- HIPAA and PCI compliance
- Background in healthcare/payment industry or with a tech company is a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.